As your beloved dog gets older, it can get harder for them to move around. Their hips start to ache, their knees hurt, and it’s not as easy for them to go on walks or runs. The following excellent glucosamine dog supplements and chews will start to ease their discomfort and give them back that pep in their step.
Murphy’s Choice Bone + Joint Dog Chews
Help your dog walk better or run faster by giving them these Murphy’s choice Bone + Joint Dog Chews with glucosamine in them for better, more pain-free joints.
- Boswellin PS – Boswellin PS is a safe and effective supplement for dogs that helps support a healthy inflammatory response. In clinical studies, it’s been shown to inhibit specific compounds that are produced in the dog’s body that lead to inflammation.
- Chondroitin – Together with glucosamine, chondroitin provides amazing support for healthy canine joints. Chondroitin occurs naturally in connective tissues and is a popular treatment for helping improve cartilage strength.
- These Murphy’s Choice dog chews are grain and gluten free, meaning they don’t contain any wheat, corn, or barley. Since your dog is primarily a carnivore, it’s good to go gluten free!
- No foreign ingredients are in these chews. Murphy’s Choice products are all made in America.
Some dogs have sensitive digestive tracts, so try one first before giving to your dog on a regular basis
For joint mobility, bone strength, and hip comfort, especially as your dog ages, use these Murphy’s Choice chews. They contain plenty of glucosamine for easing joint issues and come in a delicious bacon flavor your dog will scarf down.
Plano Paws ActivFlex Advanced Hip & Joint Supplement
There are 625 mg of glucosamine present in two of these soft chews by Plano Paws, making that the number one ingredient for your dog. They also contain plenty of other ingredients to help ease pain – and they’re all natural, too.
- Turmeric – Organic turmeric in these chews is safe and an anti-inflammatory, which also makes it a natural and powerful pain reliever. Turmeric can also detoxify your dog’s liver, making digestion and elimination much easier.
- Vitamins C & E – In addition to glucosamine and chondroitin, these chews are packed with vitamins C and E for antioxidant protection and joint care.
- A yummy chicken flavor in these glucosamine chews means your dogs will eat them up quickly and easily
- These chews are gluten free, with no corn, wheat, or soy to aggravate digestion problems. Your dog’s system will easily assimilate all the ingredients
Some dog owners have commented that these chews are greasy and oily in texture.
These ActivFlex chews have 8 active ingredients designed to specifically help your dog’s joint pain. They’re easy to give to your dog and made in the USA, too.
VetWELL – WellSyn Joint Supplement for Dogs
In just one chew of these WellSyn Joint Supplements, your dog will enjoy more lubricated joints, added comfort, elasticity with mobility, and so many other benefits, including improved skin, coat, and digestion.
- Omega 3 – These VetWELL joint supplements contain Omega 3 fatty acids, which lessen not only joint inflammation, but itching as well.
- Probiotics – If your dog has had digestive issues with other chews, then try these ones instead, which come with built-in probiotics for easier assimilation into their digestive system. Probiotics replenish good bacteria in the intestines.
- Contains the top three supplements for joint health, which are glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM
- Great chicken flavor that comes from dried chicken liver, that your dog will be excited to eat
These have potato flour and potato starch listed as ingredients, so they are not gluten free.
If you’ve noticed your aging dog struggling with joint issues during walks, getting up or laying down, then give these WellSyn Joint Supplements a try. You get 84 chews in each package, and they’re great for dogs of all sizes.
Doggie Dailies Advanced Hip & Joint Supplement
For easing aches, pains, and limping, these Doggie Dailies are packed full of ingredients that support healthy canine joints.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Along with glucosamine, hyaluronic acid is another important component of joint fluid, increasing its thickness to provide more of a cushion around hips, knees, and elbows.
- Coenzyme Q10 – Not just for humans, Coenzyme Q10 works just as well for dogs as a powerful antioxidant that helps with a healthy heart and kidneys.
- Being made in the USA means that these glucosamine chews are safe, all natural, and local, too
- Great for helping to ease canine arthritis as well, especially as dogs age
These glucosamine chews are liked by most dogs, but some dogs will be picky and not eat these.
Whether your dog is just starting to age or has serious joint stiffness, these Doggie Dailies glucosamine chews are one of the best options. They have a soft crumbly texture so can be sprinkled over dog food, too.
Lloyd & Lucy’s Pet Supplies Best Value Glucosamine Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
These glucosamine supplements from Lloyd & Lucy come in liver-flavored tablets your dog can easily take. They’re full of not only glucosamine, but also chondroitin and MSM for improved joint health.
- Glucosamine – There are 600 mg of glucosamine in these chews, which is more than you’ll find in most brands. That’s ideal for dogs with worse joint pain.
- Vitamin C – Help boost your dog’s immune system by giving them these chews with Vitamin C. It helps fight off infections and inflammation.
- There’s a great 45-day money back guarantee from Lloyd & Lucy, so if your dog won’t eat or doesn’t like them, you can return them easily
- These chews don’t contain sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, or milk, so are perfect for canines with sensitive stomachs
Some pet owners have said their tablets arrived broken or powdered into dust during shipping.
A large amount of glucosamine and easy chewable tablets make these Lloyd & Lucy supplements an excellent option for your dog. They’re suitable for dogs of any size and will soon have your canine feeling better.
Glucosamine is actually found naturally in the joint fluid within your dog’s body. Help them ease into their golden years by giving them these tasty chews. Whether they’ll prefer bacon-flavored like the Murphy’s Choice or chicken-flavored like the ActivFlex, you’ll notice a difference by giving them these chews. Pretty soon, they’ll have less pain and will feel better overall.